Sometimes the holidays may feel like you have an endless number of parties to go, gifts to buy, foods to prepare, which all lead to you feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
How to handle the number of things that you need to do.
Make a list of what you plan to do for the holidays. Santa does this and he also checks it twice. If it works for him, certainly that is a way to also be productive and figure out how to manage your time and energy.
1. Get out the calendar and write down the events you plan to attend on the specified dates.
2. Use the same calendar to plan what days you are going to decorate, shop, and bake/cook.
3. Look at the calendar. Schedule in some time for relaxation and rest. Even Santa takes some days off.
4. Pick and choose what activities and parties to attend. Sometimes the entire month of December becomes a whirlwind of activity with preparations and activities because that is the way it has always been done. And the end result is that you have spent hours doing things, sending Christmas to everyone you have ever met, and feeling stressed from the activity or preparation just because you have always done it that way.
Put activities and preparations on your list and calendar that you truly enjoy and eliminate the ones that you find less enjoyable.
5. Slow down and enjoy the moments. There is no reason to do all of your baking, put up the Christmas tree and decorations, and buy all of your Christmas presents all in one day.
Space them out onto different days. Write them on your calendar to keep track of what needs to be done and what has been accomplished.
Take time to enjoy the season and to spend it on things that bring you and your family joy, not stress.
Wishing you Best Health,