A simple way to eat healthy?
I like the approach of simple in the kitchen. I also like ways to still eat healthy.
But there are times when I buy healthy food with the intent to eat it, but then have the issue of it going bad before that happens.
I have come up with a fix. It is using a simple tool and approach that enables me to eat the food and save time and reduce waste.
It is simply changing some of the approach to food prep.
1. When you have your fresh fruit or vegetables that are going to be cut up to be eaten, do this in
advance and put the food into food containers or zip lock baggies.
2. Instead of storing your fruit and vegetables in the bins in the refrigerator, put the already cut up
food in the baggies and food containers on the shelf so you will see the healthy food when you
open the refrigerator. You are more likely to eat it if you see it.
3. Put the less healthy choices into the bins. When you open the refrigerator, you won't see those
choices first. You will be less likely to eat them, or you will eat less of them.
4. Think about what you may need for recipes such as chopped onions or diced peppers. These are
items that can be prepped, stored in baggies or containers and placed in the freezer to be used
5. For food prep, do it at one time. Saves time later and may also save money by preventing food
What ideas do you have to eat healthy and save time?
I would love to hear them. http://www.nutritionandhealthworks.com/contact